Thierry Mugler has made a name for itself as the go-to fragrance house for Love it! or Hate it! perfumes. Their gourmand vanilla-chocolate-and-caramel-laced fragrance Angel is one of my least favorite scents of all time. It literally smells like cat pee to me. However, their jasmine, amber and cashmere fragrance Alien is–to my picky nose, at least–transcendent. (I’m even more obsessed with a flanker juice they released called Alien Liqueur de Parfum. So. Good.)
Personally, I waver in my opinion of the 3rd Thierry Mugler scent, Womanity, which features caviar notes. I like it and it’s certainly unique, but I’m not obsessed with it…and at the end of the day, you have to love your perfume, don’t you think?
(By the way, if you’re wondering how to pronounce Thierry Mugler, it’s Tier-ry, Moo-glair. I’ve gone around for years saying “Moo-glay.” Fail.)
Anyhow, Tier-ry Moo-glair has just announced Eva Mendes as their latest face, and she made a glowing appearance at their launch event in NYC last week. I know you gals like makeup breakdowns, so I thought you’d especially enjoy this one, since Eva’s rocking the sort of “What? Me? Makeup?” freshness that most women–myself included–spend half an hour trying to pretend takes 8 seconds. (I also must confess that I had no idea Thierry Mugler made makeup. Where the hell have I been?)
“Celebrity makeup artist Genevieve Herr primed Eva’s skin with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream.
Using Thierry Mugler Beauty, she created this sultry, summer look to complement Eva’s mint green MUGLER dress.
- First, she used ’Cooling Effect Compact Foundation’ in Color #50.
- To contour Eva’s features, she brushed on the ‘Blush & Light Powder’ in Brown & White.
- To prep the lips, she applied ‘Flash Lips Foundation’ in Nude and blended with ‘Rouge Unique Lipstick‘ in Heaven.
- To create the sultry dramatic eye, she lined the whole eye from inner to outer corner onboth the upper and lower lash lines in black “Eye Liner Cream“.
- To highlight the lids, she swept on “Eye Shadow & Lights Quartet“ in Sublime Nature to contour the eyes with beige and golden hues.
- Finally, she applied “Flash on Lashes Mascara’ in Black to the lashes, but the secret weapon was a final coat of ‘Vinyl Gloss‘ on the lashes to leave them looking wet and glossy.